Ask a Question

My mother needs care due to illness, what can she do?

My mother is being discharged from Doctor's Hospital, where she contracted the illness, for the 7th time since last year due to a serious bacterial illness. She can't walk and lives with my disabled brother. She needs a full time nurse, at least during the day. She has both Medicare and Medicaid and lives on Social Security, so she would need to claim hardship. She needs rehab to try and get her on her feet again. She is 86 years old. Please help.
Status: Open    Feb 16, 2017 - 07:32 AM


Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 answer

Expert Answers

Feb 24, 2017 - 06:58 AM

Since she has already been discharged, she will need to work with her primary care physician to order physical therapy. If she is admitted again, stays the required amount of time to be released to a rehab facility to recover, upon discharge from the skilled nursing facility, her primary care physician could order her home health care. At this time, I would suggest she reach out to her case worker and see what services she may be eligible for.
Answer this question

Recently Active Members