Ask a Question

My 52 year old sister needs care due to a stroke. What do I do?

She is paralyzed on the left side. She can walk with a cane but is unsteady and falls frequently. She takes anti seizure medication twice a day, which makes her dizzy and tired, but continues to have seizures every couple of months. She can not be left alone and has been living in her own house with skilled caregiver assistance but it is extremely expensive and probably financially unrealistic for the future. What do I do? Are there skilled living facilities for younger people?
Status: Open    Dec 30, 2016 - 07:33 AM

Caregiving, Finance

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 answer

Expert Answers

Jan 04, 2017 - 01:00 PM

You don't mention the reason for retaining the skilled caregiver, but let's go on the assumption that it's not totally required and your sister wishes to remain at home. Enlisting the services of a Home Health Aide (HHA) with at least a CNA endorsement could have a huge impact on cutting costs. This is commonly available from most any Home Care agency. A private group home that targets specific age brackets may be an option, but again it's going to depend on her total needs. If her care requirements are higher than what these types of solutions offer, I would first ask for recommendations from her primary physician. Good luck!
Answer this question

Recently Active Members