Ask a Question

If you don't have legal guardianship can you put an elderly person in a home?

Status: Open    Aug 29, 2016 - 08:03 AM

Elder Law

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 answer

Expert Answers

Aug 31, 2016 - 10:19 AM

You cannot put someone in a home without their consent unless you have a legal guardianship or court order. It would be possible to admit someone to a facility using authority granted under a Durable Power of Attorney. However, if the individual still has capacity, he or she could revoke the Power of Attorney.
Answer this question

Other Questions Needing Answers

Recently Active Members