Ask a Question

Steps to move mom from her state to ours?

We have guardianship over Mom. She has dementia and is in her home with 4 hours of caregiver care. We want to move her to our state and find a facility here. No one is making themselves available in her state to help with monitoring care. We are both working and this makes traveling back and forth a terrible chore!

What steps would we have to go through to move her?
Status: Open    Aug 10, 2016 - 04:07 PM

Dementia, Elder Law

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 answer


Aug 14, 2016 - 02:16 AM

Once you find a facility you can ask them (SW of admissions coordinator) to help you negoatiate the process of getting payment and insurance things arranged, and they most likely will. Check with a physician and/or physical therapist on how to best to do the transportation.
Comments (1) | New Comment

By diana.mclemore on Aug 15, 2016 - 07:22 AM | Like (0)  |  Report

Thanks I will keep this in mind and follow through. Diana McLemore

Add New Comment

Answer this question

Recently Active Members