Ask a Question

Questions about applying for VA Aid & Attendance

We want to apply for aid and attendance for our parents but how do we show in home help costs if it's family when they can't afford to pay that? We also pay for them to live rent free as they can hardly pay necessities.

Status: Open    Jun 23, 2016 - 03:51 PM

VA Benefits

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

2 answers

Expert Answers

Jun 27, 2016 - 07:49 AM

The A&A benefit is a reimbursement. Your parents can pay you rent and pay for your services. The amount received is based on income but not regular income. It is Income for VA Purposes. That is the amount of income after paying for necessary medical items and services. Look for a VA certified attorney in you area to assist you. You can look for other VA assistance options also.
Thank them for their service for me and thank you for assisting them.

Jun 27, 2016 - 08:48 AM

If you have family members caring for your parents then you can show that expense through the VA Attendant Affadavit form and submit along with the other pension paperwork. The VA will then use that expense information when determining the level of pension that could be available to the veteran and spouse. I would contact a Veterans Service Officer who can assist you in filing at no cost to you or your parents pension award.
Answer this question

Recently Active Members