Ask a Question

As POA can I get a reverse mortgage for my mom?

My Mom has dementia. I can't continue to pay for her care. My family can't contribute. Can I make a reverse mortgage on her house to pay for her expenses? I have power of attorney.
Status: Open    May 16, 2016 - 06:59 AM

Elder Law, Finance

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

2 answers

Expert Answers

May 17, 2016 - 01:43 PM

It depends on the powers granted in the document. Most likely yes. Contact a reverse mortgage provider and send a copy of your POA to see if it is accepted.

May 20, 2016 - 03:50 PM

If you have a full durable power of attorney, which includes the handling of her financial affairs then you are ablel to obtain a reverse mortgage on your Mom's behalf. I have personally arranged a dozen or so POA transactions in my reverse mortgage career. Please see my profile page for my contact information.


Answer this question

Recently Active Members