Ask a Question

How to reimburse to Medicaid?

I am a Pakistani citizen currently living at Abu Dhabi Uae on residence visa. I applied for j1 visa at local us embassy consular section. They asked me to give them proof of reimbursing to Medicaid. How to reimburse to Medicaid?
Status: Open    May 09, 2016 - 09:47 AM


Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 answer

Expert Answers

May 11, 2016 - 08:06 AM

It appears that you have previously been to the United States and received benefits from the Medicaid program in the state of your residence. I would suggest that you contact the Medicaid agency in the state where you received Medicaid services and ask for an accounting for reimbursement purposes. This could have been for medical bills, a child's medical treatment, or Medicaid could have provided other health related benefits such as paying a Medicare premium. You would then send the money to that state's Medicaid agency.
If you lived here and did not receive benefits Medicaid will likely give you a statement saying nothing is owed. If you have never been here then go to an immigration attorney. An immigration attorney is a good idea.
Answer this question

Recently Active Members