Ask a Question

How do I find a rental bed for my mom in assisted living?

My 91 year old mom has been in assisted living since this past July. Her bed needs to be updated as she now has mobility issues. I contacted her medical insurance and they will cover 80% of the cost. I want a bed where the head can be raised. How do I research this and where do I go to rent a bed?
Status: Open    Mar 07, 2016 - 07:47 AM


Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

2 answers

Expert Answers

Mar 08, 2016 - 12:10 PM

Companies that sell and/or rent hospital type of equipment are called Durable Medical Equipment companies. You can search for this type of company in your area on the internet and you should find many of these typs of companies. In addition, the social worker and/or case manager for you mom in her assisted living facility should be able to provide you with a list of companies that they have worked with in the past. Certainly feel free to contact me and I will help do some of this research for you.


Mar 14, 2016 - 04:57 PM

It can be difficult to know just where to start. In many cases we have worked with Hill-Rom for proper bedding. They also have staff that is educated on different insurance coverages. This is link to their website and a the long term bedding that is familar to many assisted living and home care caregivers.


Answer this question

Recently Active Members