Ask a Question

What do I do if my husband cannot physically sign our income tax forms?

My husband was diagnosed with Parkinson's early last year and it has progressed very rapidly. He can no longer hold a pen or sign his name. What do I do about having him sign our jointly filed tax returns?
Status: Open    Feb 23, 2016 - 12:47 AM

Finance, Elder Law

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 answer

Expert Answers

Mar 23, 2016 - 12:21 PM

Does your husband have a financial power of attorney? If not, I suggest you contact an elder law/estate planning attorney to execute one while your husband still has capacity. Once/if a power of attorney is created, whoever your husband appoints as his agent will be able to sign documents on his behalf.
Answer this question

Recently Active Members