Ask a Question

How do I get care for 62 year old stroke victim?

My dad is 62, had stroke about 4 years ago that left his left arm and hand paralyzed. He is getting more and more forgetful these days. About a month ago he went in for sinus surgery and ended up in the ICU on a vent because he cant breathe. He has since then, been passing out and waking up on the floor. Last night he passed out in his bedroom and woke up to shattered glass and burn holes in his sheets. He had fallen on his bedisde table lamp that is glass and it shattered everywhere and the light bulb didnt blow out and it burned through the lampshade and some sheets on his bed. He is also on medication for depression,diabetes,high blood pressure and high cholesterol and also has sleep apnea. He is not taking his medication properly and is a harm to himself and everyone around him. Last week he got behind the wheel of his car after taking sleeping pills and ended up damaging street signs and other various things on his way. My sisters and I are at a loss of what to do because he is a very angry stubborn man and wont listen to anything we say. He currently gets home care 3 hrs a day mon-friday but we feel he needs more care than that. Please let me know if you have any suggestions on help.thank you
Status: Open    Feb 15, 2016 - 12:06 PM


Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 answer

APFM Staff Answers

Feb 15, 2016 - 12:09 PM

I'm sorry you are in such a difficult situation with your Dad, please feel free to give us a call at 866-568-2989. One of our knowledgeable Senior Living Advisors will be happy to explain the senior care options available in your area.
Answer this question

Recently Active Members