Ask a Question

How do I file taxes as a POA?

I've just recently been named financial POA for my father, do I file his taxes for 2015 or not until 2016 taxes since it didn't become official until a couple of weeks ago?
Status: Open    Jan 30, 2016 - 09:04 AM

Finance, Elder Law

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

2 answers

Expert Answers

Feb 09, 2016 - 10:51 AM

If you are filing taxes as a POA, you will need to have IRS form 2848 completed.

Feb 09, 2016 - 03:08 PM

POA grants you the ability to sign documents on behalf of your father. If it is effective now for this purpose, as per the language in the POA and your state's laws, then you can sign for him. The tax form signing date is relevant, not the Tax Year.
Answer this question

Other Questions Needing Answers

Recently Active Members