Ask a Question

I have power of attorney how do I initial it on papers?

Nursing care facility wants me to initial certain areas on paper work for step dad, do I put my initials and then POA after them?

Status: Open    Jan 19, 2016 - 09:19 AM

Elder Law

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

2 answers

Expert Answers

Jan 19, 2016 - 12:50 PM

I am not sure there is a "correct" answer. I would probably use your step dad's initials and then put ", by POA"

Jan 20, 2016 - 06:52 AM

At the nursing home you can sign the documents as a sponsor or as the person since you have power of attorney. I agree that there is not one correct way to sign or initial the documents. I would say if you use your step-father's initials make sure that someone reviewing the documents would know that you did so via power of attorney.
Answer this question

Recently Active Members