Ask a Question

My husband receives social security, can I get paid by being his caregiver?

Status: Open    Dec 28, 2015 - 07:44 AM

Caregiving, Finance

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 answer

Expert Answers

Jan 05, 2016 - 09:57 AM

Most states have restrictions regarding a spouse caring for another spouse. Once you have applied to your state's/County's Area Agency on Aging, a Service Coordinator will explain to you your options regarding caregivers. It is suggested that perhaps you identify another family member who could be his caregiver, or you could hire a caregiver through an agency. All agencies have requirements for hiring careigivers, even if that person is a family member.
Answer this question

Recently Active Members