Ask a Question

What are mom's care options when her finances get low?

She is a memory care unit, at Chapel Hill facility, in Canal Fulton ohio
Status: Open    Dec 06, 2015 - 07:52 AM


Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

4 answers

Expert Answers

Jan 26, 2016 - 08:32 AM

If she si the survivign spouse of a wartime vetran she can receive up to $1,149 per month from the VA to assist with her care costs.


Jan 26, 2016 - 08:45 AM

If she is out of assets, she could apply for Medicaid. Certain facilities have rules on accepting Medicaid. Always best to discuss with an attorney.

Jan 26, 2016 - 12:42 PM

If your mother is the surviving spouse of a veteran, it is always worth investigating her eligibility. The maximum available to her under Pension plus Aid and Attendance is 1149/mth to help defray long term care costs. If we can be of service please let us know.


Jan 27, 2016 - 10:17 AM

Your only option when finances are low is going to be your state's Medicaid program. I would recommend you speak with an elder law attorney in your area too discuss your options. There may be steps you can take prior to complete exhaustion of your mom's assets that would greatly benefit her and the family (for example, ensuring that burial expenses are prepaid).

Answer this question

Recently Active Members