Ask a Question

How can I get VA forms mailed to me?

I need VA forms for my father to receive VA assisted living allowance but don't have regular access to a computer or a printer.
Status: Open    Nov 23, 2015 - 07:28 AM

VA Benefits

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 answer

Expert Answers

Nov 23, 2015 - 08:39 AM

Good morning,

Call the VA at 1-800-827-1000 and speak to one of the representatives. Tell them that you are calling to establish an intent to file a claim for Pension benefits and verify that they are able to establish that in the VA system for you. Also let them know that you do not have regular compter access and that you need paper forms mailed to your home, otherwise they will tell you to file electronicly via eBenefits. My recommendation is that you call early and schedule a time for the VA to call you back otherwise their phone system is innundated and you may have to wait on hold for a very long time.

My other suggestion is that you find an accredited veteran service officer to assist you with the paperwork and filing of the claim. Your state department of veterans affairs should be able to assist you or your can find one at a local veterans post. If you have availability try the VA website at OGC - Accreditation Search. There you can locate a service officer near you.


Answer this question

Recently Active Members