Ask a Question

How do I start the process to relocate my mom whom has Dementia?

My mom is currently living in an Senior living facility in another state, but she now need a more suitable living arrangement and I want to relocate her and make arrangement for assistance living. The only income is her Medicare and Medicaid. Where do I start?
Status: Open    Oct 07, 2015 - 11:43 AM

Senior Living Communities, Medicare/Medicaid

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 answer

Expert Answers

Oct 07, 2015 - 12:24 PM

I would first check with assisted living facilities in my area or call A Place for Mom and ask about payments. Alabama has very little assistance for someone to pay assisted living expenses. I suppose her only income is Social Security and she receives benefits from Medicaid. If your state's Medicaid does not pay for assisted living and she has no savings it may be difficult to move her. If she qualifies for skilled nursing care physically and qualifies for Medicaid to pay for long term care a nursing home may be a better answer.


Answer this question

Recently Active Members