Jul 08, 2015 - 07:53 AM
From an assisted living perspective, I am inclined to agree with the community in your case. Three days with some major medication changes is not enough time to level off and assess his condition and I wouldn't accept him back for less than a week of observation.
It sounds like you need to do two things, and I say this as respectfully as possible. First, you need to really assess your dad's current condition and the challenges and risks it poses to you and others. He is your father, and I have all the empathy in the world for your situation, but it is always helpful to step back and look from different perspectives. Second, I recommend on you deciding on who to trust - or at least who you ought to give the benefit of the doubt to. I understand your agitation that your dad in in psych shortly after being place in memory care, but it happens on occasion. If you feel that you made the right decision in placing him at the memory care, take the time to build a relationship with the staff and start building that trust. There is no one-size fits all in any situation, and in your dad's it sounds like they are taking a reasonable course of action.
PS - When you have some time, sit down with the administrator and ask them to negotiate a reduced rate while your dad is in the hospital.