Ask a Question

How do I find a good geriatric specialist?

I don't trust the insurance company to do anything but send me to the cheapest one. My mom is very stubborn about seeing a doctor and I thought a specialist who is used to that might be better. She has had a stent put in her heart but never even went back for a follow up.
Status: Open    May 22, 2015 - 11:30 AM

Senior Health & Nutrition

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 answer


Aug 14, 2015 - 02:46 PM

Have you asked her physician's nurse directly? Sometimes they are aware of such resources.

These specialists are often paid out of pocket by the family. Perhaps contact a Senior Living Advisor at A Place for Mom at 1-866-568-2989 who might be able to get you connected with a Community Relations Specialist that can help find such a resource, depending on where you live.
Answer this question

Recently Active Members