Mar 12, 2015 - 09:47 AM
Here are some ideas that may help:
· Check the internet for anyone in your Mom's area who makes home visits for hair styling for the homebound.
· Check with any senior facilities in her area and find out who does hair there; inquire as to whether that person can come out to the home or whether you can bring Mom there.
· Check for stylist in the area who have been in business for years, many of their customers are older and they will have made some adjustments for senior clientele.
· Make an appointment for the time of day Mom seems to be the most cooperative and less anxious.
· Keeping the style simple with minimal equipment is best such as curling irons etc.
· Loudness of the drier may be an issue, if used the heat should be minimal.
· Make sure the stylist explains in simple terms what she will do at each step.
Depending on what your Mom's lifelong routine was about hair and hair shampoo & style and what she may remembers about that could also contribute to other ideas. Try and create a setting for her that close as possible resembles a past memory of this experience.