Ask a Question

How to get paid for being a family caregiver

I'm unable to find information in reference to receiving cash assistance for my mother. I know that there are programs available to assist with receiving a check for taking care of your elderly parent. I've had to cut back on my hours of working from six days per week to working only three days per week. This isn't helping our situation at all. I know that there are programs/funds available to help me financially with my mother who has Alzheimer's.
Status: Open    Feb 17, 2015 - 11:35 AM

Finance, Caregiving

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 answer


May 08, 2015 - 08:19 AM

I would suggest contacting your local Area Agency on Aging as programs vary widely from one state to the next. The local agencies are full of local and federal resource information regarding various fundings or grants available to seniors and their family. To find one near you follow this link: and you can search by specific locations.

It is a good idea to prepare for your call by putting together as much information you can about your parents situation to include health records as well as financial records. This will help the agency set up the right appointment for you with a local counselor or advice you on the options available for your family.


Answer this question

Recently Active Members