Ask a Question

Can I get paid to be my husband's caregiver?

My husband was diagnosed with Alzheimer's, his Doctor told me I have to quit my job and stay home with him, I need financial help in order to do this, I carry the medical insurance thru my job. He is a Viet-Nam vet 50% disabled check from the VA. Any help is appreciated.
Status: Open    Feb 12, 2015 - 09:14 AM

Caregiving, Finance

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

2 answers

Expert Answers

Feb 16, 2015 - 01:44 PM

I would suggest contacting your local Area Agency on Aging, to find out if there are caregiver support programs you can apply for to help you become a paid caregiver. This varies by State. At the very least, they might have some direction for you on any other programs/grants that you may qualify for. I know that the Alzheimer's Association also offers some caregiver grants that you could check into at



Mar 07, 2015 - 02:26 PM

You should also check on additional VA benefits if your assets are limited.
Answer this question

Recently Active Members