Ask a Question

Can I get someone to inspect a seniors home?

My dad is an obsessive hoarder, he won't listen to me but might listen to someone "official" is there a way to get a fire inspection or something like that?
Status: Open    Jan 28, 2015 - 08:52 AM

Senior Health & Nutrition

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 answer

Expert Answers

Feb 13, 2015 - 06:57 AM

If your Dad will not allow someone in the family, a trust-worthy friend, or anyone else he may trust as an authority person to view his environment and offer help or solutions due to potential fall risk and endangerment, an option would be to call the Adult Protective Services office in his state of residence. This office usually operates under the state agency on aging. This type behavior could be classified as self-neglect. You can learn more through the National Adult Protective Services Association.

Answer this question

Recently Active Members