Ask a Question

My husband is moving into an Alzheimer’s home, how can I protect our home?

How do I protect my house if I have to put my husband in a rest home? My daughter is on the deed and she has a house on the same property. This is her home as well as mine and we do not want to lose it.
Status: Open    Feb 02, 2015 - 09:05 AM

Dementia, Elder Law

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 answer

Expert Answers

Aug 11, 2016 - 07:51 AM

Your home will remain exempt as long as you are living there. If your daughter lives with you for two years and provides care that would keep your husband out of the nursing home, there is an exception under the law to allow the transfer of the home to her.
Answer this question

Recently Active Members