Ask a Question

What qualifies someone in Elder Law Attorney on Medicare?

Mom has dementia and she and Dad live in their own home. Ranch style so they can function okay there but they are in their 80s and mom recently was in hospital and rehab and dementia worse, dad not as nimble as he was. Like to have medicare extend benefits of a home health aide more than two hours a week as current discharge benefits are for how ever many weeks. Is there an attorney in Elder Law that can get more full-time care benefits for HHA?
Status: Open    Jan 27, 2015 - 09:08 AM

Elder Law, Medicare/Medicaid

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 answer


May 08, 2015 - 01:26 PM

It is important to understand what benefits your loved one qualifes for to include VA benefits some Veterans and their widows may be eligible for. While an Elder Law Attorney might be a good resource it might be a good idea to start with the Area Agency on Aging. Before reaching out to them be sure you have necessary information about your parents such as financial awareness and as well as information on their medical needs, per the physician. Resources vary from state to state so it is a good idea to contact your local agency. You can find their number here

A Place for Mom also has several Community Relations Advisors who work closely with your local resources in their specific communities and may be able to refer you to an Elder Law Attorney in your area if you are specifically needing an attorney.
Answer this question

Recently Active Members