Ask a Question

Can I be a live-in caregiver for mom who suffered a stroke and has Dementia?

Status: Open    Jan 19, 2015 - 08:51 AM

Dementia, Caregiving

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 answer

Expert Answers

Feb 16, 2015 - 04:14 PM

Yes you can be a part or full care giver. You and your mom can work out a payment arrangement and she can deduct it from her income taxes.

The state you in live may provide benefits if you qualify financially.

If your mother owns long term care benefits and it provides cash benefits, she may pay you with cash provided with LTC benefits.

LTC plans which are reimbursement will not pay for family members. It will pay if the person is from a licensed care services company.


Answer this question

Recently Active Members