Ask a Question

My mom is in assisted living can I declare on her taxes?

Status: Open    Jan 19, 2015 - 08:52 AM


Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

2 answers

Expert Answers

Aug 11, 2015 - 10:56 AM

Your mom can deduct the cost of her assisted living if she is chronically ill and services are provided pursuant to plan of care prescribed by her doctor.

Aug 11, 2015 - 02:00 PM

Your mom is able to deduct the cost of the assisted living including all room and board as long as your mother is certified as chronically ill by a doctor, nurse or social worker. There is cognitive and/or activities of daily living test. The form is provided by the IRS and here is a link


Answer this question

Recently Active Members