Ask a Question

How do I report suspected elder abuse?

Status: Open    Dec 20, 2014 - 06:48 AM

Other, Elder Law

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 answer

Expert Answers

Jan 01, 2015 - 10:49 AM

Your question is very difficult to answer without any specific details on the situation or the state you are inquiring from. If you are in the United States, you should immediately research your local Adult Protective Services and call. For more information on APS in all 50 states, you can begin at:

National Adult Protective Services Association - Get Help

If the victim of elder abuse is in immediate danger, call emergency services at 911.

The contact person at either APS or emergency will guide you through the process of reporting the elder abuse you suspect. Do not hesitate to file a report in good faith if you suspect elder abuse is occurring. Find more information on mandated reporters and reporter protection at


Answer this question

Recently Active Members