Ask a Question

Is there assisted living financial assistance in Virginia for person living with gross income of 1293 dollars per month and no assets?

Age 56, divorced male, disabled since 2003, severe COPD, full time oxygen, Hep C, BK amputation of one leg, suffers COPD exacerbations, panic attacks, qualifies for 25 hr weekly PCA thru Medicaid, looking to locate in Henrico or Chesterfield County area due to having family connections there. Disability Medicare in amount of $1293 mo of which Medicaid allows him to keep $1187 after paying for PCA, no assets. Currently living independently but expressing need for more than 25 hrs week attention. Currently lives in Campbell County VA and 74-yr-old mother attending to needs other than those provided by PCA. Both would relocate to Richmond, altho not at the same time and preferably in same housing, but separate quarters.
Status: Open    Dec 01, 2014 - 11:48 AM


Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

1 answer

APFM Staff Answers

Dec 12, 2014 - 08:18 AM

There may be financing options depending on the situation, for example if the senior is a veteran or spouse of a veteran. Please give us a call at 866-568-2989 and we would be happy to put you in touch with a Senior Living Advisor who specializes in that part of Virginia and is familiar with financing options as well as local assisted living communities.


Answer this question

Recently Active Members