Ask a Question

How do I stop inappropriate behavior?

Dad is acting inappropriately with any woman he interacts with. How can I stop this embarrasing behavior?
Status: Open    Nov 27, 2014 - 11:44 AM

Caregiving, Dementia

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

2 answers

APFM Staff Answers

Mar 02, 2015 - 04:09 PM

I would suggest speaking to his doctor so that they can properly diagnose and treat any applicable Dementia or Alzheimer's, as this may be a behavior that can be managed with medication and other non-phamacological avenues. You may also want to research a medical alert bracelet, with listed diagnosis, so that if he were to ever be questioned by police or someone else and you were not around to explain his conditions to them, they will have a better understanding of how to work with him and what his intentions might be. Otherwise, they may assume that he is just being difficult and not understand any diagnosis that he may have.

Sep 28, 2015 - 09:50 AM

We have an article discussing dementia behavior problems on our blog that you may find helpful: Dementia Care Dos & Don’ts: Dealing with Dementia Behavior Problems


Answer this question

Other Questions Needing Answers

Recently Active Members