Nov 24, 2014 - 09:44 AM
There are more than a few Personal Emergency Response wireless devices equipped with global positioning system (commonly known as GPS) tracking. These devices are used to ensure the user’s safety should they experience an emergency event or a fall. Similarities and differences exist in each product.
Most mobile devices with GPS technology offer:
· cellular technology with no required landline
· instant emergency 2 way voice communication with button push
· auto detection for falls
· wearable pendant can support active and mobile lifestyle
· GPS locator and tracking services anywhere within the United States and 120 countries
· GEO-fence that notifies contact when someone has wandered outside of the custom safe zone
· enhanced emergency call centers
· Water-resistant pendant
Many cell service providers and technology companies offer mobile devices including AT&T as well as companies such as Philips Lifeline. I encourage you to shop, call and compare monthly plan pricing.