Ask a Question

What do i do with my house if i cant sell it?

I wanted to sell my house here in Chickasha and move to OKC to be closer to
son and family. My health is not so good, thats why i need to be closer to my
son. I want to move into senior apartment/housing so not have to worry about
yard and home maintenance.
Ive been trying to sell my house for about a year without success. Can you
give me any advice what to do?
Thanks in advance with any help or advice you can possbly give me!
By the way, I go the doctor in Oklahoma City cuz i dont go to one here in Chickasha.
Thank you!
Status: Open    Oct 14, 2014 - 07:33 PM

Finance, Senior Real Estate

Do you have the same question? Follow this Question

2 answers

Expert Answers

Oct 17, 2014 - 08:00 AM

Over the last few years it has become a growing problem for seniors to find buyers for their homes when they need to move near family or into senior housing. ‚Äč Retirement communities have seen increased vacancy rates as seniors struggle to sell homes so they can move. This has prompted a few to establish programs to assist seniors with the sale of their home to help facilitate the move. It may be worth asking the communities you are interested in if they offer any type of incentives or assistance.

I would also recommend talking with a real estate agent who carries the Senior Real Estate Specialist (SRES) designation. After searching the SRES website I was able to find agents with this designation in the Norman and Oklahoma City areas.

Another option is to work with a Senior Move Specialist who can provide advice and help with staging the home for sale.

Ellen M. Bigelow, ChFC ® , CASL ®


Jul 23, 2015 - 12:54 PM

There are specialists in the field who may be able to assist you—Senior Real Estate Specialists and Senior Move Specialists. They can help you with staging, pricing, and marketing, as well as whether renting the home is a good option if you cannot find a buyer.
Answer this question

Recently Active Members