Karen is a former teacher, counselor, principal, and is passionate about seniors having the care and living the lifestyle that they deserve! Karen will lovingly and expertly guide you to the right choice for you or your loved one.
What I'm passionate about:
1.) My passion is people. I love people! I see myself in others. I learn from people every day! My family members are my favorite teachers! 2.) I am grateful for the wisdom of the 12 Steps of AA, Alanon and OA. What a complete way to live a life! Thank you, Dr Bill! 3.) I live to learn and 4.) I enjoy creating with yarn - knitting. It's a stimulating, meditative hobby. 5.) Oh...and plants...I have to have live plants in my home!
I love fresh fish (missing Seattle for this) 2.) ants on a log (celery with peanut butter and raisins- an old Girl Scout favorite) and 3.) Coco Pure -(a low cal, no fat treat from the heavens!)
"Learning the eldercare world is like learning a foreign language." -Me!!
"We don't know what we don't know." -Landmark Education
"You know, I'm gonna take that advice, and I'm gonna let it marinate," pointing at his heart, "right here." -Tattoos on the Heart by Gregory Boyle
"Fear is: False Evidence Appearing Real." -Joel Osteen
"Education is power." -Oprah Winfrey
A Note From Karen
"Most of us tend to float through life and think that everything will remain status quo. Then, suddenly, a loved one needs care and we aren’t prepared. I visited my parents in Michigan and on the first day there they both fell right in front of me, literally an arm’s reach away. Mom and Dad needed help and A Place for Mom provided the options."
- "Still Alice” by Lisa Genova – a novel giving a moving and vivid description of life with early onset Alzheimer’s.
- l"Save Your Brain" by Paul David Nussbaum, PHD - practical tips on how to nurture a healthy brain.
- "The 36 Hour Day" by Nancy L. Mace and Peter V. Rabins - is a comprehensive family guide for families dealing with memory loss.
- "Eldercare 911" by Susan Beerman and Judith Rappaport-Musson - a caregiver's complete guide for helping to make decisions for a loved one.
- "What's Happening to Grandpa?” by Maria Shriver – A children’s book that helps to share what a grandparent is going through.
Send Us Your Comments, Feedback and Kudos