Karen brings her problem solving skills, excellent customer service skills, and sensitive communication skills to the Senior Living Advisor position. Karen is passionate that every senior have advocates for their safety, and emotional well-being.
Karen brings years of experience in business management coupled with a strong emphasis on both customer service and customer satisfaction. A Place for Mom gives her the opportunity to combine her passion for helping others with her love of working directly with people.
What I'm passionate about:
My deepest passion is my family and my animals. I enjoy traveling, long walks,kayaking and reading.
My favorite food is prepared with love and always served family style piled high on big ceramic platters and beautiful bowls. There is much laughter and story telling and everybody sits for hours. It's always delicious!!
"Do not regret growing older.It's a privilege denied by many." -Unknown
"Decide that you want it,more than you are afraid of it!" -Bill Cosby
"Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer." -Unknown
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr Suess
"We must live together as brothers or perish together as fools." -Martin Luther King Jr
A Note From Karen
"As an Senior Living Advisor with A Place for Mom, I look forward to helping you through the process of finding senior care or housing. It’s important to me that the families I help know how much I care about them."
- The Wilderness, by Samantha Harvey...insight into the mind of Jacob who has Alzheimer's Disease
- Mom, Are you there? Finding a Path to Peace through Alzheimer's by Kathleen A. Negri This book will show you simple strategies as you care for a parent,family member or friend with this illness.
- Teepa Snow's - look for free videos on YouTube channel - Alzheimer's and dementia training videos for professionals and families
- Some personal favorites: Wild (From lost to found on the Pacific Crest Trail) by Cheryl Strayed - A powerful honest memoir. The Alchemist, by Paulo Coelho - Inspirational
- Shadow of the Wind,by Carlos Ruiz Zafon - Highly recommend,great characters
Reviews and Testimonials
"You helped us find the best place for Grandma! THANK YOU SO MUCH! Your coordination was EXCELLENT and saved us much time and many headaches."
"Thank you so much for all that you did for us! I tell everyone I meet that A Place for Mom can't be beat. On the first day we found a great place, no, a home, that my family and I can feel comfortable passing the care for my mom on to. You yourself were great, I couldn't ask for a better helper than you. You arranged for tours, researched care facilities and everything that I might need you brought up."
Send Us Your Comments, Feedback and Kudos