Edgewood Vista Spearfish
540 Falcon Crest Drive Spearfish SD 57783
Welcome to Edgewood Vista in Spearfish!
Enjoy life overlooking the beautiful Black Hills at Edgewood in Spearfish, with the ideal combination of living spaces, care and amenities. Built in 2004, Edgewood expanded and upgraded in 2011 with more space, a movie theater, activity room and new dining area. It is now home to up to 98 assisted living residents and 15 memory care residents.
Assisted Living: Help When You Need It
Assisted living at Edgewood is an ideal combination of housing, healthcare and lifestyle for individuals who may require some additional assistance with daily living but do not need skilled medical care.
Although each apartment has a kitchen, there is a full service dining facility. Your apartment opens to a large main hallway; no more icy sidewalks. Everyone has a mailbox in the beautiful lobby, and there are many activities and events going on for residents to participate in.
Edgewood's health care professionals, nurses and other staff members are dedicated to your well-being.
We provide or can arrange:
* Fine dining with three homemade meals daily
* Private apartments with showers and kitchenettes
* Transportation to appointments
* Social, community, daily recreational activities and shopping trips
* 24 hour staffing
* Registered nurse on staff
* Ongoing assessments for health care monitoring
* Emergency pull-cords, Intercoms, and nurse call system
* Light housekeeping and linen service
* Resident laundry room
* Fire sprinklers and system
* Full service hair salon
* Coordination of physical therapy, occupational therapy, home health, labs, and hospice
Memory Care: Specialized For Those With Alzheimer's
Edgewood has created an environment completely focused on providing familiarity, compassion, appropriate support and care. We invite you to visit and meet our caregivers, who have ongoing training to understand the conditions and challenges associated with this illness. Our staff to resident ratio allows us to provide more personal attention and help residents maintain daily living skills. You'll see how we can help you and your loved one live both safely and comfortably in a home-like environment.
Living space is integral to balanced living for Memory Care residents. Edgewood's residents live as independently as possible within a smaller, more comfortable environment specifically designed to decrease anxiety, confusion and depression. Residents share home cooked meals and stimulating activities in the family-style dining room with adjoining kitchen. Residents choose from studio or shared apartments. Each features an open closet and handicap accessible half-bathroom.
Edgewood Memory Care Residents Receive:
* 24 hour staffing with nurse coverage
* Safe, secure environment with secured doors and fenced courtyard
* Care from staff members with specific training in Alzheimer's and memory care
* Three nutritious, home-cooked meals and snacks daily
* Group & Individualized activities
* Assistance with bathing, grooming and dressing
* Incontinence Care
* Medication Administration under nurse supervision
* Consultation with physicians and other care providers to continually assess abilities and needs
* Laundry and housekeeping services
* Arranged transportation to medical appointments
* Access to Barber/Beauty Salon services
You or your loved one will enjoy life fully, and when you need us we'll always be there. That's our promise to you.
*Prices quoted are monthly rental charges and are provided by the communities themselves. Actual prices may differ due to one-time fees, timing and care services required. Speak with your Senior Living Advisor to learn more.
Wonderful place to call home
We thought this wonderful facility would be home for much longer than a year however, God had other plans. We can't say enough kind words and praise we have for the entire staff that works in Memory Care...
Excellent Community, My Mother is Being Cared For Well Here
I couldn't have asked for a better place for my mother to move too. This is a lovely community, and everybody has been very friendly. The community is very well maintained, they do an excellent job with...
My mother is in great hands. The staff is very friendly, they answer any questions we have. Communication with the family is great. It is very clean and up kept. There is a wide variety of food and snacks...See all 5 community reviews
Housing Types Provided
The features and amenities that are displayed on this page contain marketing information provided by the community. A Place for Mom has not confirmed the completeness of the provided information, and cannot guarantee its accuracy.
To conduct a complete investigation, seniors and their families should:
- Tour any listed location to confirm the accuracy of the community description;
- Confirm that the community offers services that are required for the senior’s specific needs and budget; and
- Check additional licensing and state audit information.
If you become aware of any information that should be updated or noted, please contact A Place for Mom.