A Place for Mom Senior Nutrition Expert and Stanford Hospital and Clinics Registered Dietitian, Heather Schwartz, shares this tasty recommendation for an easy and delicious turkey meatloaf.
Dietitian Recommended Healthy, but Delicious, Turkey Meatloaf
Stanford’s Heather Schwartz, RD, highly recommends this healthy culinary option: “I love this easy-to-make meatloaf. It goes great with a few red potatoes and steamed broccoli on the side. The sodium content is lower than most other meatloaf recipes, so I feel better about smothering it in ketchup knowing that I’m not overdoing it on the sodium.”
- 2 zucchini (grated)
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 6 ozs canned tomatoes (paste)
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs (plain)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 oz onion soup mix
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme (2 teaspoons dried)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degree. Spray 9x5x3″ glass pan with cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients gently until incorporated. Press mixture into dish and shape into a loaf.
- Bake 70 mins or until it registers 160°F.
- Let stand 5 min and drain juices.