We've found at least 30 Assisted Living Facilities within 61 miles of Bay Area, CA
Bay Area Senior Resources
The busiest port in the San Francisco Bay, Oakland is one of the 50 largest cities in the US. With an average of 260 sunny days a year, Oakland remains a beautiful option for those looking to retire to a warm and convenient climate. Close to Oakland is Berkeley, an area known for its politics and people. This region is tied to its neighboring cities giving a feeling of closeness and a resounding fortitude to the Bay Area. Visually stunning, culturally stimulating and equally as interesting, Oakland-Berkeley has the benefit of not being the size of San Francisco, but still being able to sustain trends and keep up with the medical and technological forefront much larger cities are known for. Perfect for the active and leisurely, this region is ripe for those interested in unique and diverse city offerings.
- Pharma Security Group, Inc. - We provide medication management and compliance services for seniors. Our main service provides loved ones with daily phone call reminders for their medication in English, Spanish, and French. Visit us at MyPharmaCall.com
With over 45 hospitals in the area, Oakland-Berkeley offers world class health care. According to the 2012 US News and World Report,the top hospitals in the region are:
- Alta Bates Summit Medical Center
- California Pacific Medical Center
- John Muir Medical Center
- Kaiser Permanente Walnut Creek Medical Center
- Sutter Delta Medical Center
- UCSF Medical Center
- Washington Hospital
Senior Living Costs
According to the 2012 A Place for Mom Cost of Care Survey, costs for a one-bedroom assisted living apartment in Oakland-Berkeley range from:
- High: $5,400
- Low: $2,500
- Average: $4,030
If you're looking for senior living accommodations, contact one of our Oakland-Berkeley Senior Living Advisors, or call us at 8663332174. You can also get information on financing senior care.
Not for Profit
- Meals on Wheels: Find a Meal - The oldest and largest national organization representing local, community-based Senior Nutrition Programs in all 50 U.S. states.
- Alameda County Area Agency on Aging
6955 Foothill Boulevard; Suite 300 Oakland, CA 94605